Design Corner

"Redeeming the time, for days are evil". What do you think about this sentence? This is one of my favorite sentences.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Saigon Open City Studio

Every body know that Saigon Open City Studio have some problems. And as I know, this is the first time we have something like this in Vietnam (international exhibition). Although there are problems but I like one sentence of the man who has long hair and glasses. He said that they kicked down walls that were their hindrances in the process. I like them because of this. Although they are in a foreign country and have many troubles in money, licenses and technique, they still go forward. I think that instead of asking why and criticizing them, another should help them or at least say something to encourage them. Course no one is perfect, nothing is perfect too.

When I go around I saw some of their work that noited me.
First of all the wall is interesting and attractive wiht white and orage. The wall was what I first saw.
Then I like this picture. It is a smart way of using text.

How many people join this project? I think it is fun and great.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger Saigonese Wanderer - Greifswalder Sleeper - Berliner Jumper said...

Dear Linh Vu,
the man with long hair and glasses you mentioned is Rirkrit, SOC's artistic director-co-curator with Jeab. He's 1 of the most influence visual artists in recent decades in the world. You can google him and see his masterpiece in Gugenheim museum. They're my lovely chiefs ;-)
About the wall, that is the design of Liam Gillick, who is also very famous visual artist from England.
There are 60 artists participating this project with approximately 300 artworks.
You'd better check this link also to have more view of this SOC: http://socsos.blogspot.com
Best,
Arlette Quynh-Anh Tran

 

Post a Comment

<< Home